GIS Application Specialist
Cultivate Geospatial Solutions (CGS) is currently expanding our team and looking to add a GIS Application Specialist to our team. We are looking for candidates that have a “can do” attitude and are enthusiastic about learning!
This position will be responsible for configuring Desktop, Web and Mobile solutions that incorporate GIS. The GIS Application Specialist should be able to configure ArcGIS mobile, web, and desktop applications to meet customer needs. The right candidate should be able to manage GIS data in an enterprise geodatabase, perform GIS analysis and automate tasks using python. Proficient with web GIS from publishing web layers in ArcGIS Pro to configuring web maps and applications.
The following list represents the ideal skill set but the most important thing is a willingness to learn and grow your GIS skills. If you don’t meet all these qualifications but you are motivated and willing to learn, you could still be a great fit for our team.
- Associate degree (or higher) in GIS or similar field.
- Ability to use Esri GIS software – Desktop (including ArcGIS Pro), Web and Server based.
- Ability to author web layers and web maps in ArcGIS Online
- Ability to configure ArcGIS Dashboards, Web AppBuilder apps, and configurable ArcGIS web applications.
- Ability to understand and extract GIS datasets from different sources.
- Ability to write scripts with Python using arcpy and ArcGIS API for Python
- Experience configuring Esri mobile tools like Survey123, Workforce, Field Maps, Collector, or QuickCapture.
- Experience with FME is beneficial.
- Experience working in transportation industry beneficial.
- Ability to communicate with clients, understand their needs, and apply the appropriate technology.
- Good organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines are a must.
- Excellent team player, with the ability to work within a collaborative environment and take a leading role when required.
- Creative, resourceful, and innovative problem solver.
- Proficient English usage for oral and written technical communications.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
ABOUT CULTIVATE GEOSPATIAL SOLUTIONS
CGS is a Geographic Information System (GIS) firm that provides GIS-centric solutions to a variety of industries including state and local governments. CGS represents decades of GIS industry experience that speaks through the success of our customers and partners.