The Data Scientist is responsible for overseeing the collection, storage and interpretation of data for CGS and clients. In addition, this position responsible for the development and administration of Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, PowerBi and/Cognos. This work will be carried out with close direction and dialog with other CGS Team members and clients, when necessary, and with daily interactive participation with business and data SMEs across the company.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Math, Statistics, Economics, Quantitative Analysis or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of applied data architect experience
- Expert-level data manipulation skills in a relational-database environment:
- Expert-level SQL on a variety of DB platforms.
- Expert-level skills maintaining, managing advanced reporting, analytics, dashboards, and other BI solutions.
- Experience performing and documenting data analysis, data validation, and data mapping/design.
- Experience reviewing and improving existing systems and collaborating with teams to integrate new systems.
- Experience using DB database dictionary/catalog and data profiling techniques in order to learn about and assess data.
- Experience reading data models (ERDs). Knowledge of data modeling issues, such as normalization, star-schema designs, relationships, and keys.
- Effective and experienced in engaging data and system SMEs in dialog to learn about data and interpretation of it.
- Design and use of intermediate analysis such as regression analysis, decision trees, time series analysis, principal component analysis
- Data analysis and data problem solving
- Familiarity with Python scripting highly desired
- Ability to teach and influence others in all of techniques used, both data and analytic.
- Experience with Cloud based architecture, like AWS
- Experience working in transportation industry a plus
- Ability to exchange technical information with the client.
- Good organizational skills to meet deadlines and being committed to the company is part of your ethic.
- Excellent team player, with the ability to work within a collaborative environment and take a leading role when required.
- Creative, resourceful, and innovative problem solver.
- Proficient English usage for oral and written technical communications.
- You must be authorized to work in the U.S.
ABOUT CULTIVATE GEOSPATIAL SOLUTIONS
CGS is a Geographic Information System (GIS) firm that provides GIS-centric solutions to a variety of industries including state and local governments. CGS represents decades of GIS industry experience that speaks through the success of our customers and partners.