The Data Scientist will perform the full life-cycle of data analysis from definition of questions / issues to presentation of results and recommendations to support CGS company initiatives and client solutions. This work will be carried out with close direction and dialog with other CGS Team members and clients, when necessary, and with daily interactive participation with business and data SMEs across the company.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Math, Statistics, Economics, Quantitative Analysis or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of applied data architect experience
- Work closely with data and business issues and hands-on data analysis.
- Experience as visible influencer using data on business issues in a complex organization.
- Ability to quickly learn issues and business context of an assignment.
- Expert-level data manipulation skills in a relational-database environment:
- Expert-level SQL on a variety of DB platforms.
- Experience using DB database dictionary/catalog and data profiling techniques in order to learn about and assess data.
- Experience reading data models (ERDs). Knowledge of data modeling issues, such as normalization, star-schema designs, relationships, and keys.
- Effective and experienced in engaging data and system SMEs in dialog to learn about data and interpretation of it.
- Expert-level skills using analysis techniques:
- Design and use of basic analysis and description techniques, such as crosstabs (tables of sums and proportions), charts, and figures.
- Design and use of intermediate analysis such as regression analysis, decision trees, time series analysis, principal component analysis
- Design and use of Linear Programming tools
- Experience with the key issues involved when applying intermediate analytic techniques to data. Ability to describe the issue, an example of professional experience where the issue applied, and what the remedy was. Issues should include:
- Data analysis and data problem solving
- Tools Experience should include – Expert-level SQL, Expert-level Excel
- Familiarity with Python scripting highly desired
- Ability to teach and influence others in all of techniques used, both data and analytic.
- Exposure to advanced analytic techniques such as Gradient Boosted algorithms and geo-spatial analysis.
- Experience in the GIS and transportation industry is highly desired.
- Experience designing basic experiments for measurement of impact, in a business operations context.
- Experience with Cloud based architecture, like AWS
- Experience working in transportation industry a plus
- Ability to exchange technical information with the client.
- Good organizational skills to meet deadlines and being committed to the company is part of your ethic.
- Excellent team player, with the ability to work within a collaborative environment and take a leading role when required.
- Creative, resourceful, and innovative problem solver.
- Proficient English usage for oral and written technical communications.
- You must be authorized to work in the U.S.
ABOUT CULTIVATE GEOSPATIAL SOLUTIONS
CGS is a Geographic Information System (GIS) firm that provides GIS-centric solutions to a variety of industries including state and local governments. CGS represents decades of GIS industry experience that speaks through the success of our customers and partners.